Hospitalist Jobs in California
Friday · December 2, 2022
1 Job in The Golden State
Photo: View of the Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Whittier) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Hospitalist to join our team.
- OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace.
- Communicates with families, referring physicians, specialists, administration, and hospital departments in the care and treatment of patients referred to the service.
- Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Ability to work 7am to 7pm on a regular basis.
- Customers and striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Board eligible in Internal Medicine.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with hospital departments and hospital administration.
- Today, AppleCare Medical is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice, independent physicians.
- Conducts hospital rounds on all patients referred to the service.
- Full Covid-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role.
- Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Provides patient care in a manner consistent with hospital medical staff by-laws, and referring physician requests.
- Works with hospital and Monarch clinical staff to initiate and coordinate early discharge through collaboration with specialists, nursing staff, social services, utilization management, and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to discuss patients' progress, variances, and achievement of expected outcomes and plan of care.
- AppleCare Medical was formed in 1996.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
- Chronic disease management experience.
- Self-starter with ability to practice with a high degree of independence.
- Superior reasoning, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Assumes responsibility to ensure that all necessary documentation is accurate, complete, and timely, including medical records, billing/coding, and any other such documentation as requested by hospital from time to time.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service by providing distinctive, personalized care and services by listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of both internal and external (patients, family members, referring physicians/specialists, hospital staff, etc.
- Active and unrestricted Medical License in State of California.
- Managed care experience.
- 1+ years of Hospitalist experience.
- Active and unrestricted DEA.
- Over the last 17 years, the multispecialty medical group of independent practices has expanded into new communities, contracted with more hospitals and health plans, and added over 50 new doctors-but the mission has remained the same.
- Collectively, our physicians have been serving the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County for decades, providing their medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.
- Serves as a liaison to other physicians, business office, and administration to maximize communication and increase knowledge of the hospitalist program benefits.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago
by Optum - Healthcare Partners