Hospitalist Jobs in California
Saturday · August 13, 2022
1 Job in The Golden State
Photo: View of the Golden Gate Bridge from Baker Beach.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Whittier) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Communicates with families, referring physicians, specialists, administration, and hospital departments in the care and treatment of patients referred to the service.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service by providing distinctive, personalized care and services by listening, anticipating, and responding to the needs of both internal and external (patients, family members, referring physicians/specialists, hospital staff, etc.
- UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Collectively, our physicians have been serving the Southeast area of Los Angeles and Northern Orange County for decades, providing their medical expertise and passion to improving the health of our communities.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Self-starter with ability to practice with a high degree of independence.
- AppleCare Medical was formed in 1996.
- Conducts hospital rounds on all patients referred to the service.
- Provides patient care in a manner consistent with hospital medical staff by-laws, and referring physician requests.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to discuss patients' progress, variances, and achievement of expected outcomes and plan of care.
- Active and unrestricted Medical License in State of California.
- As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Hospitalist to join our team.
- Active and unrestricted DEA.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with hospital departments and hospital administration.
- Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace.
- Over the last 17 years, the multispecialty medical group of independent practices has expanded into new communities, contracted with more hospitals and health plans, and added over 50 new doctors-but the mission has remained the same.
- Customers and striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Board eligible in Internal Medicine.
- You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Serves as a liaison to other physicians, business office, and administration to maximize communication and increase knowledge of the hospitalist program benefits.
- Managed care experience.
- 1+ years of Hospitalist experience.
- Superior reasoning, planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Assumes responsibility to ensure that all necessary documentation is accurate, complete, and timely, including medical records, billing/coding, and any other such documentation as requested by hospital from time to time.
- Works with hospital and Monarch clinical staff to initiate and coordinate early discharge through collaboration with specialists, nursing staff, social services, utilization management, and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Chronic disease management experience.
- Ability to work 7am to 7pm on a regular basis.
- Full Covid-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Today, AppleCare Medical is comprised of hundreds of board-certified private-practice, independent physicians.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago
by Optum - Healthcare Partners